Recipe by Aroostook
This is so easy a child can do it ... and will! Note: The sugar may be omitted or you may use diabetic preserves in this recipe.
- 2 1⁄2 cups berries
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 lemon, juice of (2 tbls)
- 4 egg whites, beaten until stiff but not dry
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sugar and berries over low heat reducing to three cups*.
- Add lemon juice and pour into metal bowl and place in freezer for an hour or until fruit mixture becomes mushy.
- Whip egg whites and whisk into the frozen fruit mush.
- Cover, freeze and serve with fresh berries sprinkle over sherbet.
- *you may also use 3 cups of fruit jam in place of sugar and berry mixture.