1/1 Photo of E-Z Artichoke and Cheese Bruschetta
This is a very easy and fast snack to make for lunch time…. using marinated artichokes, fresh basil leaves and melted Asiago cheese on top of toasted French bread/Baguette slices. This was made especially for the RSC #11 contest.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 loaf French bread, 6 slices (or Baguette bread)
- 6 ounces marinated artichoke hearts, 1 jar (reserve the liquid)
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, fresh chopped
- 1 tablespoon shallot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (substitute olive oil spray)
- 1 tablespoon key lime juice (substitute lemon or lime juice)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup asiago cheese, grated (substitute Gouda cheese regular or smoked)
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (pinch of)
- 1Slice French bread into about 6 or more semi-thin pieces, Brush olive oil on both sides of the bread, Place on top of an aluminum foil lined pan, Bake in a toaster oven at 350 degrees for a few minute until toasted (turn if need be to toast both sides), Then remove .
- 2In a food blender (or hand chop) add the artichoke hearts, 2 tablespoons marinate liquid, fresh basil, shallots, key lime juice, Parmesan cheese and cayenne pepper, then puree a little (but NOT finely).
- 3Place scoops of the artichoke mixture on top of the toasted bread slices, Put Asiago cheese on each piece of bread, Then a small piece of the sun-dried tomato as well.
- 4Finally, place in the toaster oven for a minute or less to melt the cheese.
- 5Serve and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for E-Z Artichoke and Cheese Bruschetta
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 414.2
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 2.2 mg
- Sodium 779.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 12.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: