Recipe by Jenny Homely
A warm soft apple base with a crispy crumbly top. This recipe is so easy. It is a family favorite. Although my child Lucy can not see this wonderful dessert she absolutely loves it with warm custard.
Top Review by Shona Claremont
Not only is this incredible easy but it easy to substitute the flour and butter for gluten-free and dairy-free versions too. It tastes absolutely superb! I used double the amount of the crumble mixture though.
- 3 large cooking apples
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 cloves or 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 cup self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven on 200 degrees celcius.
- Peel, core and cut apples into smallish pieces.
- Place cut apple, cloves and water into a small casserole dish.
- Cover and place in microwave on high for about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl rub the butter and flour together.
- Them stir in oats and sugar.
- Put the crumble mixture on top of the apple and put into oven for around 5 minutes or until crispy and brown on the top.