Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A warm soft apple base with a crispy crumbly top. This recipe is so easy. It is a family favorite. Although my child Lucy can not see this wonderful dessert she absolutely loves it with warm custard.
- 3 large cooking apples
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 cloves or 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 cup self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- Preheat oven on 200 degrees celcius.
- Peel, core and cut apples into smallish pieces.
- Place cut apple, cloves and water into a small casserole dish.
- Cover and place in microwave on high for about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl rub the butter and flour together.
- Them stir in oats and sugar.
- Put the crumble mixture on top of the apple and put into oven for around 5 minutes or until crispy and brown on the top.
Not only is this incredible easy but it easy to substitute the flour and butter for gluten-free and dairy-free versions too. It tastes absolutely superb! I used double the amount of the crumble mixture though.
I thought this was a delcious recipe I just added less flour and more oats to the crumble and it was delicious. I highly recommend this recipe to anyone.
Couldn't be easier and nice blend of spices. I followed the directions and was happy with the results. Never knew this fall classic could be this easy. Great desert when you're in a hurry. I did add some sliced plums from our tree and topped with whipped cream. Yum will be using often