Recipe by dulce_amore
Mmmm.... peanut butter and chocolate. Reese's Pieces (E.T.'s favorite!) are the perfect addition to these moist, gooey brownies. Very rich-- these will satisfy the biggest chocolate craving with only one bite.
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 cup butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 (1 5/8 ounce) bag Reese's pieces, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 deg. Butter a 13x9 pan and set aside.
- In a saucepan over low heat (or in a microwave), melt together the 4 squares of chocolate and the butter . Remove from heat.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together eggs and sugar. Add vanilla and pour in chocolate mixture; blend thoroughly.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to chocolate mixture, beating well.
- Stir in chocolate chips and a little over ½ the bag of Reese's Pieces. Spoon batter into prepared pan and bake for 30-40 minutes or until desired level of doneness (best if undercooked). Before removing from oven, sprinkle tops of brownies with the leftover Reese's Pieces; bake another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly before cutting into squares.