Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Remember E.T.? He loved Reese's Pieces. Most kids love these brownies. "Big" kids too! I got this recipe from The Toronto Star newspaper back when the movie came out and I still make them. (My family likes peanut butter.)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Butter a 13x9 pan and set aside.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt together the 4 squares of chocolate and the butter.
- Remove from heat.
- (You could also do this in the microwave.) In a mixing bowl, beat together eggs and sugar.
- Add vanilla and pour in chocolate mixture; blend thoroughly.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add to chocolate mixture, beating well.
- Stir in chocolate chips and Reese's Pieces.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until dry on top and almost firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly before cutting into squares.
A delicious recipe, just a little less fudgy than I would have liked. These make cakey brownies, which are delicious with their candy (I used M & M's instead of Reese's Pieces) and chocolate chips. I added a basic chocolate buttercream frosting once these were sufficiently cooled. One thing - all of my M&M's sunk to the bottom of the brownies! :) I'll have to experiment to see how to remedy this problem. All in all, a delicious treat!
I never knew E.T. loved reese's piece's, but after these brownie's I can see why. It's a good thing they make a 13x9 because they go real quick!!!
Mmmmmmm! I melted the choc & butter in the (900W) micro. for 2 min 30 sec on 70%, stopping to stir twice. I used M&Ms instead of choc. chips and used unsweetened Ghirardelli choc so they are rich and extremely good! Baked for 35 min. Thanks so much for the recipe Lennie!! :)