Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
A popular RI main dish.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 -3 large green bell peppers, cleaned and cut into thin strips
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped or minced
- 4 -6 tablespoons Prego spaghetti sauce, to taste
- 2 teaspoons red hot pepper sauce (to taste)
- salt and black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Brown the beef over medium heat, drain the grease.
- return beef to pan, over medium heat.
- add all other ingredients except parmesan.
- cook 5 minutes stirring occasionaly.
- reduce heat.
- cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- remove from heat, add parmesan and stir.
- serve by the bowlfull or on italian rolls.
- sprinkle with additional parmesan to taste.
- number of servings will depend on whether you are making sandwiches or serving bowlfulls.