1/2 Photos of Dynamite Orange-Almond Salad
mama smurf's Note:
Found this in the book At Home Cafe. I have modified it a little. It is great if you add crumbled blue cheese, mushrooms, shredded chicken and dried cranberries on top also. You can glaze the almonds and dressing ahead to save time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons vinegar, white balsamic
- 1/4 cup oil
- 6 drops Tabasco sauce (we like some zing)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) bag mixed greens
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/8 cup sliced red onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1For dressing, combine first seven ingredients (from salt through parsley). Whisk until well blended.
- 2For glazed almonds, combine almonds and sugar in a small skillet. Heat on low and stir constantly until sugar is dissolved and almonds are well coated. Sugar can caramelize quickly and burn--watch closely.
- 3Pour onto waxed paper to cool.
- 4Once cooled, break into small pieces.
- 5To serve the salad, combine greens, onions and mandarin oranges into a large salad bowl. Pour dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- 6Sprinkle glazed almonds on top and serve.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dynamite Orange-Almond Salad
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.8
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 199.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 18.5 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: