1/3 Photos of Dynamite Chili With Beans
Fred Drexel, 1981 World Champion Chili This is an orphaned recipe that I adopted.. <blush> I haven't gotten around to making it myself yet... but hope to soonest. I don't know how long it takes to make...Feel free to try it out and give me feedback on the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup pinto beans, soaked
- 1 tablespoon oil or 1 tablespoon bacon drippings
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons tortilla flour
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- 16 ounces tomatoes, whole drained
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- green chilies or jalapenos or 1/2 green pepper, seeded chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2/3 lb boneless pork, 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/3 lb beef stew meat, 1/2-inch cubes
- 1Combine Water and Beans inches.
- 2medium saucepan and bring to bOil over medium high heat.
- 3Reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 1 hour.
- 4Heat Oil in large skillet over med-high heat.
- 5Add Onion, Green Pepper, and Garlic.
- 6Saute until tender.
- 7Transfer to Dutch Oven and set aside.
- 8Add Pork and Beef to same skillet.
- 9Brown well.
- 10Stir into vegetables in Dutch Oven.
- 11Add Beans and their liquid along with Tomatoes and seasonings.
- 12Mix well, cover and simmer 1 hour.
- 13Add Wine and cook, uncovered, 30 minutes.
- 14Season with Salt and Pepper.
- 15If mixture is too liquid, stir in some of the tortilla flour paste to thicken.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dynamite Chili With Beans
Serving Size: 1 (457 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.1
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 74.8 mg
- Sodium 150.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 26.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: