Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Try this with your favorite Margarita or Mexican beer! If you like "it hot", add some chopped jalapenos.
- 1 (15 ounce) canof your favorite chili
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- sliced black olives (optional)
- Place chili in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and slowly stir in sour cream and cheese.
- When cheese is melted, stir in tomatoes and onion.
- Place in a serving dish and garnish with black olive slices, if desired.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.
Oh, shoot me, pls!! Posted a photo but not the review. How rude is that! Needless to say--it's terrfic! Perfect for Super Bowl or just pre-Mexican dinner. Love the addition of the chopped tomatoes. Gives the dip a zing that is left out of other chili dip recipes!
This really is a 5-star recipe!! The only sub I made is a 1/2 cup salsa for the 1/2 cup tomatoes as I am not a 'raw tomato' fan. I got raves over this recipe and I actually had to print it out twice to give to family! I like that this doesn't use velvetta as most other cheesy dips because I like the taste of fresh cheese! Will definitely make again. (Also - this keeps beautifully on low/warm in crock... just stir very occasionally).
Very popular at New Year's Eve. Thickened and dipped better as it cooled. Some people may prefer a few drops of heat as this recipe is fairly mild.