Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 6 mins
- 2 cloves large garlic, minced
- 2 large onions, diced (about 1/2-inch)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 (5 ) packages all beef wieners
- 2 packets instant chicken-flavored broth
- 2 cups carrots, diced (about 1/4-inch cubes)
- 2 medium green peppers, seeded and diced (about 1/2-inch)
- 2 cups celery, diced (about 1/4-inch cubes)
- 2 cups eggplants, diced (about 1/2-inch cubes)
- 2 cups canned tomatoes, crushed
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup Burgundy wine
- hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup canned kidney beans, drained
- 2 cups enriched rice, cooked
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, Grated
- 6 tablespoons onions, minced
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until onion is transparent. Add chili powder; cook for 1 minute. Add instant broth, cover the pan, and Simmer for a few minutes.
- Next add carrots, green peppers, celery, and eggplant; cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add crushed tomatoes and tomato puree; bring mixture to a boil.
- Add water, burgundy, and hot pepper sauce; stir to combine. Cook 15 minutes.
- Stir in kidney beans.
- Cook the chili at least 45 minutes to an hour, or until the vegetables are tender.
- (The longer you cook the chili, the better it will taste.) If necessary, adjust consistency by adding a small amount of water.