Recipe by L'il One
I like it because my fussy 6 yr old LOVES it. He asks for it all the time! (hence the name of the recipe)
Top Review by Lavender Lynn
This was easy to make and turned out good. All of our family members liked it. I had a little trouble converting from metric but it worked. The only substitution I made was to use sweet onion chopped finely because we didn't have any green onions.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (120 g) packagestove top turkey stuffing mix
- 1 (284 ml) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (optional)
- 1 (398 ml) canwhole baby carrots, drained
- 1 (284 ml) can sliced water chestnuts, drained (optional)
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey or 2 cups cooked chicken
- 2 sliced green onions
Directions See How It's Made
- HEAT oven to 350°F MELT margarine in a 9 x 9 inch baking dish in oven.
- Remove from oven and stir in contents of vegetable/seasoning pouch.
- Mix in stuffing crumbs.
- Reserve 1 cup of mixture.
- SPREAD remaining stuffing crumbs evenly in bottom of dish.
- BLEND soup and sour cream in a large bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; spread over stuffing crumbs in dish.
- Sprinkle reserved stuffing over top.
- Cover; bake 35 minutes.
- Uncover; bake an additional 5 minutes.
- **I don't use the sour cream or the water chestnuts and I add broccoli**