Recipe by - Carla -
Typical Dutch breakfast/brunch/lunch. You can substitute fried slices of chorizo instead of ham if you like and cover the bread with slices of non-crumbly goats cheese. If you don't have mustard cheese on hand, no problem, just add a bit of whole grain mustard to the mix while cooking!
- 1 ounce butter, plus extra for spreading
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices dutch mustard cheese (or mustard Cheddar)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices thickly sliced whole wheat bread
- 4 ounces sliced ham
- 4 pickles, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- finely chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan, break the eggs into the pan and cook for a few minutes over a low flame.
- Divide a slice of mustard cheese around each yolk and add seasoning to taste.
- Cover the pan and cook the eggs for a few minutes until done and the cheese has melted.
- To serve:.
- Toaste the slices of bread and spread with butter.
- Divide the ham across the bread and top off with a fried egg.
- Garnish with pickels, tomatoes and freshly chopped parsley along side.