1/4 Photos of Dutch Uitsmijter: Fried Ham and Eggs With Mustard Cheese
- Carla -'s Note:
Typical Dutch breakfast/brunch/lunch. You can substitute fried slices of chorizo instead of ham if you like and cover the bread with slices of non-crumbly goats cheese. If you don't have mustard cheese on hand, no problem, just add a bit of whole grain mustard to the mix while cooking!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter in a large frying pan, break the eggs into the pan and cook for a few minutes over a low flame.
- 2Divide a slice of mustard cheese around each yolk and add seasoning to taste.
- 3Cover the pan and cook the eggs for a few minutes until done and the cheese has melted.
- 4To serve:.
- 5Toaste the slices of bread and spread with butter.
- 6Divide the ham across the bread and top off with a fried egg.
- 7Garnish with pickels, tomatoes and freshly chopped parsley along side.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dutch Uitsmijter: Fried Ham and Eggs With Mustard Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (593 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 890.6
- Calories from Fat 497
- Total Fat 55.2 g
- Saturated Fat 29.5 g
- Cholesterol 555.5 mg
- Sodium 4144.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 54.9 g