Recipe by Prosperpina
This was actually a fluke on some traditional Dutch meatballs since I didn't have any hamburger available. Enjoy anyway. I haven't tried baking this dish, but it might work either way. The basic idea of the recipe is pretty versatile, so you can do whatever you want with it. It's pretty low in fat, if you get all the fat off of the pork chop, and is very simple and quick to make. It's also pretty light on the appetite.
- 1 pork chop (torn up)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the meat with the raw egg, the nutmeg and the salt and pepper. Use a sturdy fork or whisk.
- Heat the butter and olive oil and fry the pork mixture on medium-high setting.
- Add the ketchup, bay leaf, cloves and balsamic vinegar. Fry until thoroughly cooked.
- Discard or set bay leaf and cloves aside, serve. Any juices are served as "gravy.".