1/1 Photo of Dutch-Style Beef and Cabbage (Crock Pot)
8 hrs 20 mins
This is a long time favorite of mine. From a very old (1976) BH&G Crock pot Cookbook. You can also cook this in the oven in a covered casserole.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice round steak into thin strips.
- 2Combine flour, salt, and pepper; coat meat with flour mixture.
- 3Heat oil in skillet and brown meat on all sides; transfer meat to crockery cooker.
- 4Add onions.
- 5In same skillet, add water, vinegar, and bouillon granules.
- 6Stir together, scraping browned bits from skillet; pour over meat and onions in crockery cooker.
- 7Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- 8About 15 minutes before serving, cut cabbage into 4 or 5 wedges.
- 9Cook in a 3 quart saucepan in a large amount of salted water until tender, 10 to 12 minutes; Drain well.
- 10Serve beef mixture over cabbage wedges.
- 11NOTE: I just add the cabbage to the crock pot over the beef and onions.
- 12I think it's more flavorful that way.
- 13You can bake this in the oven.
- 14Place in a covered casserole dish and bake@ 300 for 2 hours You should double water, vinegar, bouillon mixture if you choose to bake it.
- 15Check liquid during baking and add more if too dry.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dutch-Style Beef and Cabbage (Crock Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (364 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 460.8
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 103.7 mg
- Sodium 712.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 40.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beef round steak