Recipe by redbeardslady
This is my hubby's favorite type of chicken. He loves it when I cook it for him. It's really easy and so good. I serve the juices over white rice and serve some veggies (usually green beans) with it. Enjoy!
- 1 whole chicken, thawed and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup butter (I usually cook with unsalted but it's up to you)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- Pam cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water
Directions See How It's Made
- Pat chicken dry (make sure you removed the giblet bag before rinsing).
- Spray lightly all over with Pam in order for the seasonings to adhere.
- In heavy large pan (with lid), brown butter.
- Sprinkle even quantities of above spices all over the whole chicken.
- Take spiced chicken and brown on all sides, approximately 5 minutes on med. high heat for each side, until dark golden brown.
- When all sides are browned, make sure chicken is sitting right side up (legs on bottom of pan)and add water.
- Bring juices to a light boil and put lid on pan. Simmer for 1 hour and serve.