Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A rib-sticking comfort food from the Pennsylvania Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947 Cooking time is approximate.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley, minced (fresh is best)
- 2 cups potatoes, diced
- 2 teaspoons flour
- Melt butter and cook onion about five minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, parsley and potatoes; barely cover with boiling water and cook until tender.
- Mix flour with enough water to make a thin paste; add to potatoes and cook until thickened .