Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
'Stoofpeertjes' is what they are called in dutch. Stewed cinnamon pears can be eaten warm or cold, served as dessert, but can also be served as a side dish.
- Peel the pears and leave whole.
- Stab the lemon rind with the cloves.
- Put the pears, lemon zest, cinnamon sticks and sugar in a large pan and pour in the red wine and liqueur.
- Add enough water to just cover the pears.
- Bring to the boil and leave the pears to simmer, covered, for 2.5 hours until tender.
- Serve: Lift the pears carefully out of the pan, serve on a plate with some cinnamon ice cream and thick whipped cream.