Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 lbs beef round steak (Steak should be 3/4 inch thick.)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 large Spanish onion (Onion should be thickly sliced.)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 whole cloves
- 4 canned spiced onions
- 12 strips pimientos
- Cut steak into 4 pieces; rub with salt and pepper.
- Heat butter in large frying-pan until hot but not brown.
- Brown meat on both sides; remove to platter.
- Add sliced onions to frying-pan and fry lightly; remove from pan.
- Add water to frying-pan, scraping pan to loosen any bits of beef.
- Return meat to pan; cover with onion slices.
- Add vinegar, mustard, bay leaf and cloves.
- Cover and cook slowly 1 1/2 hours or until tender, turning every 1/2 hour.
- Place steaks on serving platter.
- Remove bay leaf and cloves and place onions on platter.
- Granish each steak with 1 spiced onion and 3 pimiento strips.