1/2 Photos of Dutch Spiced Beef
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Tea Jenny's Note:
Avery nice warming stew Posted for ZWT#6 2010
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut round steak into serving size pieces; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2In a large skillet heat butter until hot, but not brown.
- 3Brown the meat on both sides; set aside.
- 4Add sliced onion to the skillet and brown lightly; remove from pan.
- 5Add water to the skillet; return the meat and the onion.
- 6Add vinegar, prepared mustard, bay leaf, and whole cloves.
- 7Cover and cook slowly 1 1/2 hours, or until tender, turning every 30 minutes.
- 8Place the steaks on a serving platter. Remove the bay leaf and cloves and place onions on the platter.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dutch Spiced Beef
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.6
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 175.0 mg
- Sodium 546.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 52.1 g