Recipe by Tea Jenny
Avery nice warming stew Posted for ZWT#6 2010
Top Review by Nasseh
DH loved this steak. I made half the recipe but added more water while cooking. I also used olive instead of butter. I only ended up cooking the steak for a 30 minutes but it was very tender & juicy. I served the onions over rice. Made for ZWT 6- No-Nonsense Nibblers
- 2 lbs round steaks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 whole cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut round steak into serving size pieces; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet heat butter until hot, but not brown.
- Brown the meat on both sides; set aside.
- Add sliced onion to the skillet and brown lightly; remove from pan.
- Add water to the skillet; return the meat and the onion.
- Add vinegar, prepared mustard, bay leaf, and whole cloves.
- Cover and cook slowly 1 1/2 hours, or until tender, turning every 30 minutes.
- Place the steaks on a serving platter. Remove the bay leaf and cloves and place onions on the platter.