1/2 Photos of Dutch Spiced Beef
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Tea Jenny's Note:
Avery nice warming stew Posted for ZWT#6 2010
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut round steak into serving size pieces; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2In a large skillet heat butter until hot, but not brown.
- 3Brown the meat on both sides; set aside.
- 4Add sliced onion to the skillet and brown lightly; remove from pan.
- 5Add water to the skillet; return the meat and the onion.
- 6Add vinegar, prepared mustard, bay leaf, and whole cloves.
- 7Cover and cook slowly 1 1/2 hours, or until tender, turning every 30 minutes.
- 8Place the steaks on a serving platter. Remove the bay leaf and cloves and place onions on the platter.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dutch Spiced Beef
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.6
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 175.0 mg
- Sodium 546.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 52.1 g