Recipe by mary winecoff
This recipe uses a roll of refrigerated sugar cookie dough with added spices which transforms the average sugar cookie into something much more delightful. From the cookbook "Cookie Dough Delights",
Top Review by Baby Kato
Wow, what a great tasting cookie. It was quick and easy to make. Adding the spices and sugar take this simple dough to a special place. The spices were spot on. I will be making these tasty little treats again.
- 18 ounces refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Break cookie dough into large bowl; let stand 10-15 minutes to soften.
- Add brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves; mix well.
- Chill dough 1 hour in refrigerator or 20-25 minutes in freezer.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Spray cookie sheets with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place sugar in small dish.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and roll in sugar.
- Place balls about two inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Flatten with bottom of glass.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until light brown.
- Cool completely on wire racks.