Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A spiced dessert.
- 1 2⁄3 cups plain flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 100 g butter, melted, cooled
- 100 g walnuts, chopped
- cream, and honey to serve
- Preheat oven to 160 C.
- Grease a 20 x 30 cm lamington pan and line with baking paper.
- Sift flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg into big bowl.
- Stir in sugar, make well in centre, add milk and butter.
- Using wooden spoon, stir till smooth.
- Spoon into prepared pan, smooth top.
- Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake 30 - 35 minutes, cool in pan 5 minutes.
- Cool on rack, cut into squares.
- Serve with cream and honey.