Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
This bread should be allowed to stand for a day before eating, to allow the flavor to develop. From Taste of Home's Quick Cooking (November/December 1998)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Combine corn syrup, brown sugar and egg; mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients in another bowl; add to the egg mixture alternately with milk and mix well.
- Pour into a greased, wax paper lined 9x5 loaf pan.
- Bake for 80-90 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan before removing it and placing it a wire rack to cool completely.
- Wrap and let stand for 24 hours before slicing.
Just found this recipe while searching for something different in quick breads. We love Dutch spicy bread but all my recipes have honey which I do not like. Thanks for a great one without honey and a nice blend of spices. Definitely has to age for a couple of days before it's true flavor can be appreciated. Sliced thinly with butter or cream cheese and it is great with an afternoon cup of coffee.