A tasty soup that I make into a meal by serving it with a salad and some crusty bread.
Make and share this Dutch Shrimp Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Melt butter in a 5-quart pot over medium-high heat; add flour and cook, stirring, until mixture is bubbly.
- Remove from heat and gradually stir in broth; return to heat and cook, stirring, until sauce is smooth, thick and boiling.
- Stirring constantly, gradually add milk and cream; then stir in parsley, paprika, dill, lemon juice, and tomato paste.
- Cook just until heated through, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and cook for 1 more minute.