Dutch Shortbread Boterkoek 1973
- Cream the room temperature but not too soft butter and margarine together with the sugar using a wooden spoon.
- Add the vanilla and unbeaten egg white only.
- Add the flour until a stiff dough forms, and can be handled.
- With floured hands pat into an 10 x 16 baking pan about 3/4 of an inch thick.
- Beat the egg yolk with the milk until combined well making an egg wash and brush over the patted out dough.
- Bake in an 300 degree, preheated oven for about 25 minutes or until slightly golden in colour.
- When still slightly warm, then score into squares or triangles. Cool thoroughly before storing into cookie tins.