Dutch shortbread cookie, bake then score into squares while warm.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream the room temperature but not too soft butter and margarine together with the sugar using a wooden spoon.
- 2Add the vanilla and unbeaten egg white only.
- 3Add the flour until a stiff dough forms, and can be handled.
- 4With floured hands pat into an 10 x 16 baking pan about 3/4 of an inch thick.
- 5Beat the egg yolk with the milk until combined well making an egg wash and brush over the patted out dough.
- 6Bake in an 300 degree, preheated oven for about 25 minutes or until slightly golden in colour.
- 7When still slightly warm, then score into squares or triangles. Cool thoroughly before storing into cookie tins.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dutch Shortbread Boterkoek 1973
Serving Size: 1 (871 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.8
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 29.2 mg
- Sodium 95.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: