1/1 Photo of Dutch Puffed Apple Pancake
Charlotte J's Note:
I've not made this but it sounds to good not to post.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 large granny smith apple, peeled, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Melt butter in a 9 inch glass pie pan in oven.
- 3Arrange apple slices, then walnuts over butter.
- 4Bake until apples begin to soften and walnuts are lightly toasted, about 5 minutes.
- 5While the apple mixture is in the oven, using an electric mixer, beat eggs, milk, flour, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl to blend.
- 6Stir in cranberries.
- 7Remove pie pan from oven.
- 8Lightly spray inside edges of dish with nonstick spray.
- 9Pour batter into dish.
- 10Sprinkle brown sugar over batter.
- 11Bake until center is set and edges are puffed and slightly browned, about 25 minutes.
- 12Serve with warm maple syrup.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dutch Puffed Apple Pancake
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 483.1
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 248.1 mg
- Sodium 174.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 26.4 g
- Protein 12.9 g