Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Taste of Home Cooking for 2 Magazine, Fall 2005.
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 1 cup fresh carrot, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- In a small skillet, saute onion in butter for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, place potatoes and carrot in a large saucepan; cover with water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a small mixing bowl, mash potatoes and carrots.
- Beat in sauteed onion, sour cream and salt.
- Sprinkle with chives.
Tasty, flavourful potatoes! I love the addition of the carrot for both the colour boost and added flavour. Made for Zaar Stars Tag.
I loved this recipe for potatoes. The carrot adds such a wonderful color and the flavor is suberb. I used the leftovers the next day to make potato "pancakes" for breakfast and those were great too!
Better than regular mashed potatoes. I can see why this made it into someone's best of the year cookbook. It was delicious, even with making a healthy version of it using fat free sour cream, light tub margarine and half the salt. The carrots give it a rich and buttery taste. Definitely recommended!