- 5 cups mashed potatoes (without added milk , butter or seasoning)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups cubed crustless day-old white bread
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup minced celery leaves
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, bread cubes, onion, celery leaves, parsley, butter, salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs and flour until smooth; gradually stir in milk.
- Pour into the potato mixture and mix well. (Add more milk if stuffing seems dry.).
- Transfer to a greased 3 quart baking dish. Cover and bake at 325 degrees for 60 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned.