Recipe by justme #3
My mom made this for us all the time. It's just a simple, fast and tasty way to serve pork chops. Serve it with mashed potatoes. I hope you like it!
Top Review by em...
This was very tasty...next time I make this I will drain AND rinse the kraut ( just a tad)...it was a bit too tart even for me!and I luv kraut! (maybe Bavarian kraut is a bit milder ) I also will add a 1/4c of water to to the tomato soup and let it cook down during simmer...it definitely tasted better the next day!!!
- 4 pork chops (bone in is better, but can also be made with boneless)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 (16 ounce) canbavarian sauerkraut (drained, but not rinsed)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Heal olive oil in frying pan until hot.
- Add pork chops and brown on one side.
- Flip chops and add onion.
- When browned on second side, and onion is translucent, add saurkraut and tomato soup.
- Turn down heat and simmer for about 20 minutes, turning chops over in sauce every so often.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or rice.
- Tastes even better when served the next day.