1/1 Photo of Dutch Pancakes
Emily Elizabeth's Note:
This is from a Pennsylvania Dutch Cookbook. I used to make this as a little girl in my mom's iron skillet. I made it with a very good friend of mine and she still talks about these today. They were a lot of fun to make since they really bubbled up in the oven and of course it helped that we got to put butter and sugar all over them!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Set a 10" heavy skillet with heat resistant handle over moderately low heat.
- 3Melt butter in skillet; tilt skillet to coat sides and bottom.
- 4Sift together flour, sugar and salt.
- 5Beat eggs and milk together.
- 6Stirring constantly, blend the egg mixture into flour mixture.
- 7Quickly pour batter into hot skillet.
- 8cook 2-3 minutes over medium heat.
- 9Place skillet in oven and bake about 10 minutes or until the pancake is a light golden brown and top spings back when lightly touched at center.
- 10Remove to warm platter. Sift confectioner's sugar over top (I buttered heavily first, then sifted confectioner's sugar over it. The butter melted and created a sort of sugary paste with the confectioner's sugar - yum!).
- 11Serve at once with lemon wedges (I never did!).
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dutch Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.3
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 235.3 mg
- Sodium 722.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 11.5 g