Recipe by CountryLady
Serve this special breakfast dish with ham, bacon or sausages and for a real treat, include maple syrup!
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 large apples, peeled &,cored
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Whisk first 5 ingredients in a large bowl until just mixed.
- Place butter in a 10 inch ovenproof skillet, on the stove top, until sizzling, about 2 minutes.
- Pour the batter into the skillet & place in the oven; bake for 20-25 minutes or until puffed & golden.
- Meanwhile, slice apples into 12 sections.
- Melt butter in a saute pan, over medium-low heat.
- Add spices & stir together, add apple slices and saute until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat, cover & reserve.
- Remove pancakes from oven & serve immediately with the warm spiced apples.
- The pancake will not stay puffed for more than a few minutes.