3 hrs 45 mins
Old Magic1 Barfield's Note:
Barbecued Brisket Dutch oven style.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs beef brisket or 3 lbs buffalo
- 1 cup white wine
- 3 cups apple cider
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons habanero sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon whole coriander seed
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1Combine wine, cider, honey, mustard, Habanero pepper sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger root, coriander and thyme in a large Dutch oven or heavy roasting pan.
- 2Add brisket,cover tightly,and place in the oven set to 350F; cook for about 1 hour.
- 3Remove brisket from the cooking liquid, cover and set aside.
- 4Pour the liquid into a medium pan and cook over medium heat until reduced to a glaze, just thick enough to coat back of spoon.
- 5Using covered grill, light about 12 charcoal briquettes and add small piece of water soaked mesquite, pecan, hickory, or other woods.
- 6Be sure to place charcoal and wood to one side of grill.
- 7Arrange brisket on grill, fat side up, so that it is not directly over burning wood.
- 8Paint it with some glaze.
- 9Place cover on grill and smoke brisket for about 1 1/2 hours, turning meat and coating with glaze every 15 minutes.
- 10Add charcoal or wood, small pieces at a time, if fire seems to get too cold.
- 11Remove from grill, thinly slice meat against grain and serve.
- 12Offer any remaining glaze on side.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dutch Oven Style Barbecued Brisket
Serving Size: 1 (641 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1633.0
- Calories from Fat 1089
- Total Fat 121.0 g
- Saturated Fat 48.5 g
- Cholesterol 331.1 mg
- Sodium 1877.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 33.6 g
- Protein 80.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: