Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Dutch Mom made these for years. We all the kids loves it!
Make and share this Dutch Oven Stuffed Bell Peppers recipe from Food.com.
- 8 large green peppers
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup celery, chopped fine
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 2 cups tomato soup
- 1 cup water
- Cut stem from green peppers, remove stem, seeds, and veins.
- Wash and blanch in boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Remove, drain and cool.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet.
- Add meat, onion and celery.
- When meat is browned, drain and put back in skillet and add spices and Worcestershire sauce.
- Stir until mixed well then remove from heat.
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- When done, add to meat mixture, stir to mix well, then heap mixture into peppers.
- Arrange in Dutch oven or a casserole and cover with soup and water mixture.
- Bake at 350 F for one hour.
This is a five star recipe. I did add some tomato soup to the hamburg mixture as it seemed alittle dry and added cheese on top...we loved it. Made for PAC fall 2011
My parents really enjoyed this!! I scaled back because I was only using two peppers so nothing was really measured. I left out the celery partially because we didn't have any and partially because I'm not a huge fan anyway. My mom told me I have to keep this recipe so it is a total keeper!! Thank you!