Recipe by Montana Heart Song
If you have a crowd coming, this is a great meal to prepare and bake in a slow oven while you make cornbread or serve other fresh vegetables with it.
- 946.36 ml cooked pinto beans
- 946.36 ml cooked great northern beans
- 1419.0 ml hot water
- 29.58 ml sysco chicken base
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked & diced
- 113.39 g can diced pimentos, with juice
- 7.39 ml ground cumin
- 9.85 ml chili powder
- 127.57 g can diced green chilies, with juice
- 1 white onion, peeled and diced
- 4.92 ml celery seed
- 4.92 ml ground thyme
- 2.46 ml salt or 2.46 ml salt substitute
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients in a dutch oven with lid or roaster with lid.
- Put in the oven on the middle rack.
- Oven 300*.
- Cook 3 to 4 hours. Check once or twice to see if there is enough liquid. If it is getting a little too dry, add 1 cup water at a time and stir. Taste. You might want to add a little more salt.
- Note: If you want hot chili add seeded diced jalapeno peppers, two will do.