Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
If you have a crowd coming, this is a great meal to prepare and bake in a slow oven while you make cornbread or serve other fresh vegetables with it.
- 4 cups cooked pinto beans
- 4 cups cooked great northern beans
- 1 1⁄2 quarts hot water
- 2 tablespoons sysco chicken base
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked & diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced pimentos, with juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can diced green chilies, with juice
- 1 white onion, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt or 1⁄2 teaspoon salt substitute
- Put all ingredients in a dutch oven with lid or roaster with lid.
- Put in the oven on the middle rack.
- Oven 300*.
- Cook 3 to 4 hours. Check once or twice to see if there is enough liquid. If it is getting a little too dry, add 1 cup water at a time and stir. Taste. You might want to add a little more salt.
- Note: If you want hot chili add seeded diced jalapeno peppers, two will do.