Alan in SW Florida's Note:
I use my cast-iron skillet when I make this recipe, but an ovenproof, non-stick skillet would work just as well. This is a brunch favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2In a medium bowl, beat the 3 eggs and milk until well blended. Add the flour and salt; stir until batter is barely blended (the batter should be slightly lumpy).
- 3In another bowl, toss apple slices with sugar, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, and cinnamon.
- 4Melt unsalted butter in a heavy, ovenproof 12-inch cast-iron or non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add apple mixture and saute 4 minutes, or until slightly softened. Spread out apples into an even layer; pour batter over apples.
- 5Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until pancake is golden brown and puffed.
- 6Sprinkle with the juice of half a lemon and dust with confectioner's sugar. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dutch Oven-Puffed Apple Pancake
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 421.9
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 210.8 mg
- Sodium 369.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 23.1 g
- Protein 9.0 g