Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 4 pork loin chops
- 4 medium potatoes, cut in to thin slices
- 3 carrots, cut in to thin slices
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- Trim some fat from chops.
- Place fat in dutch-oven.
- Over medium heat; cook fat until light brown.
- Using spoon press and rub fat over bottom of dutch oven.
- Discard extra fat.
- Add Chops and cook until browned on both sides.
- Remove chops and set aside.
- In remaining fat cook potatoes, carrots and onions until lightly browned; stirring occasionally.
- Adding salad oil if necessary.
- Return chops to dutch oven.
- Arranging vegetables over and around chops.
- Stir in tomatoes with there liquid and remaining ingredients except peas.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer 45 minutes or until chops and potatoes are tender.
- Add peas and heat threw.