Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Recipe courtesy Paula Deen. It is very good!
Make and share this Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans peach slices in syrup (heavy or light syrup)
- 1 pint fresh blueberries (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup baking mix (recommended ( Bisquick)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- ground cinnamon
- 2 1⁄4 cups baking mix (Bisquick)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- cinnamon sugar (1/4 cup sugar combined with 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, store in an empty spice shaker jar, shake w)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a Dutch oven with vegetable oil cooking spray
- Drain 1 can of the peaches. Combine both cans of peaches, including the juice from the undrained can, the blueberries (if using), the baking mix, sugar, and a sprinkling of cinnamon. Place this mixture into the Dutch oven.
- To make the topping: Combine the biscuit mix, sugar, butter, and milk in a resealable plastic bag. Drop bits of dough, using your fingers, on top of the peaches. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Place the Dutch oven into the preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes, until the top is golden brown and crusty.
I made this with both the peaches and the blueberries, but think it would have been better with one or the other rather than both. I served it with homemade vanilla ice cream and it was pretty good...but if I try it again, it won't be with both fruits. Thanks for posting! Gotta love Paula!....Gina :)
Not impressed. I was expecting a fabulous cobbler. After doing Ina Garten's, nothing else compares. I felt the bisquick dough wasn't cooked through and the taste of blueberries with peach/cin. weird. You want to taste something great, do Ina Garten's pear/apple/cranberry crisp. Beyond belief. Linda I do love Paul though.
This is delicious. I wasn't sure how the crust would turn out, but it turned out amazing. I sprinkled the cinnamon on the top very liberally, because of family's taste, and it added a wonderful taste. The recipe was also very easy, and the only thing I had to buy was the canned peaches. Thank you very much - I will be making this again soon. :)