Recipe by Midnite706
Recipe courtesy Paula Deen. It is very good!
Top Review by JustGina410
I made this with both the peaches and the blueberries, but think it would have been better with one or the other rather than both. I served it with homemade vanilla ice cream and it was pretty good...but if I try it again, it won't be with both fruits. Thanks for posting! Gotta love Paula!....Gina :)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans peach slices in syrup (heavy or light syrup)
- 1 pint fresh blueberries (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup baking mix (recommended ( Bisquick)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- ground cinnamon
- 2 1⁄4 cups baking mix (Bisquick)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- cinnamon sugar (1/4 cup sugar combined with 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, store in an empty spice shaker jar, shake w)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a Dutch oven with vegetable oil cooking spray
- Drain 1 can of the peaches. Combine both cans of peaches, including the juice from the undrained can, the blueberries (if using), the baking mix, sugar, and a sprinkling of cinnamon. Place this mixture into the Dutch oven.
- To make the topping: Combine the biscuit mix, sugar, butter, and milk in a resealable plastic bag. Drop bits of dough, using your fingers, on top of the peaches. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Place the Dutch oven into the preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes, until the top is golden brown and crusty.