Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 teaspoon onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chicken, cooked,cubed
- 6 ounces noodles, uncooked
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, with juice
- In a dutch oven saute the onion and celery in butter until tender.
- Add the chicken and top with the noodles.
- In a bowl combine the soup, broth, lemon juice, and pepper.
- Pour over the noodles, moistening all.
- Scatter the mushrooms on top.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
My family really likes this. Sometimes I add some frozen peas and carrots instead of (or in addition to) the mushrooms. I use light cream of chicken (or cream of whatever) soup.