3 hrs 45 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs beef chuck cross-rib roasts, boneless
- 2 tablespoons cooking fat
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice, drained from tidbits
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 stalks celery, cut 1 inch diagonal pieces
- 13 1/4 ounces pineapple tidbits
- 4 ounces canned mushroom slices
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1In a Dutch oven, or large pan with a tight-fitting cover, brown meat in fat.
- 2Season with salt and pepper and remove from pan.
- 3Pour off fat drippings.
- 4Add soy sauce, pineapple, juice, ginger, and onion; mix well.
- 5Return meat to pan.
- 6Cover and simmer for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, or until done.
- 7(Or cook in a 325F oven for same amount of time.) Turn meat once to cook it evenly throughout.
- 8during the last 20 minutes of cooking, add celery, pineapple tidbits, mushrooms, and juice.
- 9When meat is done, remove and keep warm.
- 10Skim fat from liquid.
- 11Mix cornstarch in water.
- 12Add mixture slowly to liquid in pan.
- 13Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, and cook until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- 14Taste sauce and correct seasoning, if necessary, with salt and pepper.
- 15Slice meat, and serve sauce separately.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dutch Oven Hawaiian Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1015.6
- Calories from Fat 736
- Total Fat 81.8 g
- Saturated Fat 33.6 g
- Cholesterol 214.7 mg
- Sodium 931.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 51.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: