Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
I make this over a camp fire and serve with cornbread that is also made on an open flame.
Make and share this Dutch Oven Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups water
- 5 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 (12 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 2 (12 ounce) cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 (8 ounce) packages chili powder
- Pour water in a large dutch oven and wait until the water starts to steam.
- Brown the beef.
- Add the beans, chopped tomatos, tomato paste, and chili powder.
- Boil, covered, for 30min.
This is similar to how we make chili when camping but we mix up some Jiffy cornbread batter & drop it by the spoonful on top to make cornbread dumplings.
The boys in our Boy Scout Troop made this recipe in a chili cook-off and they won second place. It's an easy and tastey recipe.