Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Enjoying the flavor of warm apple pie under the starry night sky is easy when you begin with frozen cinnamon rolls.
- 18 rhodes anytime cinnamon rolls, thawed but still cold
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- caramel icing
- 2 cream cheese frosting (included with rolls)
- 1⁄3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- Cut each roll into 4 pieces and arrange in the bottom of a 14-inch Dutch oven lined with aluminum foil or sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl combine apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, cracker crumbs and pecans.
- Sprinkle evenly over cut rolls.
- Cover with lid and bake at 350°F 25-30 minutes.
- For icing combine cream cheese frosting with caramel topping.
- Drizzle over pie while still warm.
- Dutch Oven Temperature Control using Briquets:.
- 350°F in a 14-inch Dutch oven, oven top 18, oven bottom 10.