1/1 Photo of Dutch Oven Campfire Cobbler
I combined a couple of ideas and came up with this. This is for a deep 12 inch cast iron dutch oven. Amounts are approximate, use whatever size cake mix and pie filling you have, easily double the recipe for bigger crowds. We burned ours in about 10 minutes by putting a too hot log on top so BE SURE TO CHECK IT OFTEN!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place dutch oven over approximately 15 charcoal briquettes or over coals on a flat spot in the fire ring.
- 2Empty pie filling into Dutch oven.
- 3Spread dry cake mix on top of pie filling and spread evenly. Sprinkle with cinnamon to taste.
- 4Cut butter or margarine into even sized pieces and arrange on top.
- 5Put lid on dutch oven and arrange 10 hot charcoal briquettes in a checkerboard pattern on top or scatter hot coals over lid.
- 6Bake until done (this could be anywhere from 10 to 45 minutes depending on how hot your fire/coals are).
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dutch Oven Campfire Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.1
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 31.8 mg
- Sodium 506.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 28.0 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: