Recipe by Jill4man
The Dutch Mill was a restaurant in Bluffton Indiana that was famous for it's pies. It burned down about 10 years ago, but we've still got the Sugar Cream Pie recipe to recreate at home! Sugar Cream Pie is unique, sweet, dense, and creamy ...additively yummy! The recipe is easy but there can be a "little" bit of trial and error since ovens vary. Stick with it though, because the reward is well worth it!
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour (a good 1/2 cup, not level)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat or whisk the sugars, flour, salt and milk together until foamy.
- Then fold in heavy whipping cream and vanilla.
- Pour into pie shells.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake at 400°F for 10-15 minutes.
- Turn back oven to 350°F and continue baking 20-25 minutes or until just firm.