Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Ultimate comfort food served with mashed potatoes or buttered noodles...have been using this recipe for years, and believe it was originally from Southern Living. I have modified it a bit over the years.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (I make my own, processing 2 slices whole wheat bread in food processor)
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato sauce, divided
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine beef, breadcrumbs, onion powder, salt and pepper and 1/2 cup tomato sauce in large bowl.
- Mix well with your hands. Press into a loaf pan.
- Combine remaining ingredients. Pour half of this mixture over the meat loaf.
- Bake the meat loaf for one hour.
- Heat the remaining sauce in a small sauce pan and spoon over meat to serve.
YUMMY!!!!!!!!!! I used a small onion in the place of onion powder and turkey instead of beef. TYVM for recipe