1 hr 15 mins
Savory pancake and sausage dish. The Dutch are famous for their pancakes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine all pancake ingredients in an electric blender and blend at high speed for 30 seconds.
- 2Scrape down the sides of the blender and blend again for 15 seconds, until the batter is smooth.
- 3Allow batter to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes before using.
- 4In a heavy skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over moderate heat; saute the onions until they are soft but not brown.
- 5Add the mushrooms and cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently, until most of the liquid in the pan has evaporated (Do not allow the mushrooms to brown).
- 6Add the meat and cook, mashing it with a wooden spoon, until all traces of pink disappear.
- 7Strain through a sieve and discard the liquid.
- 8In a saucepan, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter over moderate heat.
- 9Add the flour and mix well.
- 10Pour in the stock and stir constantly with a whisk until the sauce comes to a boil and thickens.
- 11Reduce the heat to low and let simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 12Add the lemon juice, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- 13Remove from the heat, and add to the meat mixture; mix well.
- 14Taste for seasonings.
- 15Cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- 16Heat a heavy 8" skillet over moderate heat until a drop of water steams for 2 seconds before it evaporates.
- 17Brush the pan with half the melted butter and immediately pour in half the pancake batter.
- 18Tip the pan gently from side to side to evenly coat the bottom of the pan.
- 19Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until the top of the pancake is dry and the bottom is golden brown.
- 20Remove the pancake to a serving platter using a spatula, putting the "uncooked" side up. Repeat the process to make another pancake. Spread the meat filling evenly over the first pancake and place the second pancake "uncooked" side down on top of the meat mixture.
- 21Cut into pie-shaped wedges and serve.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dutch Meat-filled Pancakes (gevulde Pannekoek)
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.3
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 115.7 mg
- Sodium 647.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 18.4 g