Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
As a true American Dutchy, even I need mayonnaise with my steak fries at times. Make sure ALL ingredients are room temperature, and don't bother trying if storm is forecasted, it'll fail miserably.
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (not the kind from the bottle, yuck. Dijon or Dutch mustard please)
- 2 tablespoons vinegar (plain or wine vinegar)
- canola oil (at least a quart, don't want to end up with too little oil halfway!)
- You can do this by hand with a whisk or with a hand held mixer. If using a food processor, it's better to use whole eggs.
- Mix all ingredients, except the oil.
- Slowly add oil, drip by drip. don't do it too fast or it'll fail. If everything goes well, the mayo will slowly thicken, stop adding oil when you have the right consistency. If it fails, restart, you can slowly add the failed batch later on into the successive batch.
- Don't keep this stuff in the fridge like a jar of mayo! It doesn't have any preservatives.